Skip to main content

Worry, Fear, & Spiritual Warfare (My story)

I use to worry far more than necessary. One quick example before I begin my story, I remember back when I was in school (elementary to be exact) I use to worry so much for the next day. Whether I would have a test or just worried I wasn't sure what to expect for the next day. I sometimes worried so much I would get a bellyache before bed! That's when my mom would always sit down with me and tell me that no matter what happened the next day or no matter how I did in school she and dad would love me always NO MATTER WHAT! (Just as God does for us!) Inside it always made me feel so good! (Gosh, I have the best parents!) I'm not really sure why I would worry so much back then, because I had such a loving family and didn't do that bad in school either! I however, eventually grew out of that specific worry.
I have tons more examples about my life and worry, but I want to fast forward to one specific time in my life where worry and fear completely took over.
Before I get started, not many people have heard this story. Obviously my husband, parents, brother, and a few other close family members. I just figured its finally time to tell the world! To share what God is capable of!
Three months after my first baby was born in 2016 it all started. I was new to motherhood and the enemy used that against me. This miraculous gift of life that was given to me by the Lord.
I was worrying all the time! Inside I was a mess! I was so scared, the enemy had me believing a LIE, that he was going to take my daughter and myself. There was no way out. I was terrified. I was in a constant state of worry and fear for two weeks straight. I was running on hardly no sleep because of this fear the enemy had installed inside of me. I couldn't even open my bible (first sign the enemy was attacking, I've never been scared to open my bible).
At first people thought I was going through postpartum depression. I could feel that wasn't it. No pill for depression or anxiety (whatever you want to call it) could ever fix this feeling. To be sure I went to see my doctor and I was prescribed some medicine and I ended up tossing that out the second day of taking it.
I had many long talks with my husband who would pray with me when I would wake him up in the middle of the night, with my parents, and with my aunt. These people were my life savers who spoke the truth to me! The enemy was attacking and attacking hard. I remember going to my church in tears, seeking help trying to get rid of the enemy. (To those there who spoke the truth to me, thank you!)
I'll be getting back to my story in a few moments. First off, I just want to shout out that worry does not come from our God! Worry (any kind of worry) comes from the enemy. With God there is no need for worry. EVER!
God tells us not to fear people, circumstances, or things. We are however, told to "Fear the Lord your God and serve only Him!" Deuteronomy 6:13  (Fear in God, meaning to be in Awe of HIM.) Second, God already has your life planned. He knew you before you were born! He knew what day and time you were going to be born and he knows the exact day and time of your departure from this earth. Its all in his will! Each one of you reading this, He knows! There is no need for worry or fear, its already planned out. Trust Him! Follow Him! Read His word to grow closer to Him!
Ok, back to my story.
After surrounding myself with people who reminded me with the truth (surround yourself with others who will remind you of all of God's promises for you) I was able to start to overcome the enemy. Our own flesh and blood is not capable of defeating the enemy. We need God who in fact is in control over the enemy (for He created him). Now, the enemy can not hear our thoughts, only God can hear our thoughts and know our inner being. So, getting rid of the enemy: Pray out LOUD to God. Praying in your head and out loud both are good. But when you pray out loud saying the Lords name, asking Him for help. This makes the enemy mad. The enemy must leave. In fact, tell the enemy to leave. Shout it if you must. Tell the enemy he is not welcome with you or in your home. God is the only one welcome.
Once I started this I was gaining more and more peace, enough peace to be able to finally open my bible without being terrified. I was reading HIS truth. God was reminding me of Him and the wonderful life He had planned for my family and I. That I was HIS and my daughter was HIS. We are safe with HIM. Nothing but HIM can ever touch our souls. For they belong to HIM! The enemy has NO authority.
The power of prayer is REAL! He hears us!
Spiritual warfare is real.
THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD "Finally, be strong in the Lord and His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against all strategies of the devil. For our fight is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. Ephesians 6:10-18  
This is everything! God answered my prayers. He sent the evil one away from me. Take up the armor of God.
When my husband and I found out we were pregnant with our second daughter later in 2017 my first fear (notice the word fear I just used, doesn't come from God) was that I would be attacked by the enemy again after birth. WHY!? I shut that down REAL FAST! NO WAY! This is another gift from GOD. Another one of His creations He needs here on His earth to fulfill His will. For my husband and I to raise for Him. There is no fear in that.
To finish up, my reason for sharing this is that I'm a witness to the greatness of our God and His works. I HAD to share this story! It may help one of you overcome the enemy at some point or another.
He is truly all we need!
I couldn't be any more thankful for whom I belong to and His wonderful gifts to me! Thank you LORD!




(Thanks Mom for the pictures of the baby girls and I!)

The Lord is my Shepard; 
I have all I need. 
He lets me rest in green meadows;
He leads me beside peaceful streams. 
He renews my strength. 
He guides me along right paths, 
bringing honor to His name. 
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, 
I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. 
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. 
You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. 
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings. 
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever. 
Psalm 23: 1-6



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging Rock and Wabash Reef National Natural Landmark

 Hanging Rock and Wabash Reef National Natural Landmark Hanging Rock and Wabash Reef National Natural Landmark is located in Largo, IN.  Once you arrive to Hanging Rock there is a small parking lot where you will start your adventure.  What makes this place so special? -Hanging Rock contains Siluria coral reef from when Indiana was covered by shallow sea water.  -65 feet high above the Wabash River. -200-foot-wide base. -In prehistoric and historic times, many used Hanging Rock for navigation, astronomical observation, and military observation. -Indigenous people and European Americans have used the Hanging Rock as both an overlook and a landmark. The hike to the top is fairly simple! The trail is only 0.2 miles long, the hardest part is the rocky incline.  The view from the top didn't disappoint!  After taking in the view from the top of Hanging Rock we made our way down to the bottom of the rock. It was really cool to see all the layers. The downfall and the most disappointing pa

Dandelion Craft

  Dande-LION This fun and easy craft was a blast for my two girls! Here is what you will need:   -Rocks -Dandelions -Double sided tape -Permanent Marker Here is what we did:  First and most importantly, pick dandelions! (You can use anything growing in your yard to be creative with these.) We then took our double-sided tape and stuck it on the rock where we wanted the dandelions to stick. Next, we stuck the dandelions to the tape. Finally, we used our marker to make our faces.  Here are some of our finished rocks!